VOLVIC RE-LAUNCHES TOUCH OF FRUIT WITH £2.5M MEDIA INVESTMENT THIS SUMMER
This summer, Volvic, the UK’s no 1 bottled water brand* will re-launch its entire Touch of Fruit original range, with half the sugar and a new look ‘refreshing’ packaging.
Available nationwide from June 2018, the reformulated range took 18 months of careful development to perfect the recipe. Through using extract from the stevia leaf, Volvic has managed to half the sugar content from 4.8g/L to just 2.4g/L whilst maintaining the same taste consumers love. Volvic is one of the first UK soft drinks brands to reduce their sugar levels, despite already sitting below the sugar levy**.
Commenting on the renovation, Jacqueline Lane, Volvic Brand Manager UK & Ireland comments; “We know more than ever that consumers are aware of their sugar intake and actively trying to reduce it where possible, seeking ‘healthier’ options. People are looking to brands and manufacturers to help them make health conscious choices, and the new reduced sugar Volvic Touch of Fruit original range, does just that. We’re incredibly proud of the reformulated product, we worked hard to ensure we got the recipe just right, reducing the sugar without compromising on the taste.”
The Volvic Touch of Fruit relaunch will be supported with the brands biggest ever marketing campaign, ‘Well that’s refreshing’ rolling out in August. The unmissable 360 activation aims to add a ‘refreshing’ twist to the mundane everyday moments of their millennial audience.
Running from 30th July until the end of August and backed by an investment of over £2.5million the campaign will celebrate the unique portfolio of the low sugar original range alongside their sugar free options. All activation will hero new reduced sugar Strawberry and Lemon & Lime variants, and the new special edition Watermelon sugar free flavour.
- New low sugar recipe across the full Touch of Fruit original range, with sugar content halved from 4.8g/L to 2.4 g/L, sweetened with extracts from the Stevia leaf.
- A complete packaging-refresh, visually dialling up great taste and naturality
- The brand’s biggest nationwide Out Of Home advertising campaign yet, reaching more than 115M people
- A huge social media presence across Facebook and Instagram to engage with Volvic’s millennial target audience
- A contextually targeted digital campaign that taps into key ‘mundane’ moments where our audience crave a refreshing break
- Large-scale depot and in-store takeovers in key retailers
- A nationwide experiential sampling campaign that is not to be missed
Jacqueline adds: “Summer is a crucial time for retailers to grow their soft drinks sales, and we’re here to support them in making the most of the opportunity. Our 360 campaign is about recruiting new consumers through Volvic’s reduced and Sugar Free flavoured portfolio, and we’re recommending that retailers stock up Volvic Touch of Fruit now to meet demand.”
Volvic Touch of Fruit new reduced sugar range and Volvic Touch of Fruit Sugar Free range (now with new look packaging but same refreshing recipe) is available nationwide in all formats across retailers from June 2018. (50cl RRP of £0.80p / 1.5L RRP £1 / 5 x 50CL RRP £3)