REPUBLIC TECHNOLOGIES ANNOUNCES MAJOR CONSUMER PR, SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING PROGRAMME FOR MATCHES
Republic Technologies (UK) Ltd is launching its biggest ever programme of consumer PR and marketing activity in support of its matches’ offering, including a partnership with celebrity chef, Tom Kerridge, national press advertising, and a national consumer survey.
The news follows the announcement (March) that Republic Technologies is relaunching its matches’ range to include new packaging, and category-boosting NPD for the Swan matches brand in the form of a pocket-size Swan match.
“The relaunch of our matches range will reinvigorate the UK’s £23+ million matches market*, and give retailers and cash & carries/wholesalers an opportunity to boost sales from the tobacco accessories category,” says Gavin Anderson, General Sales Manager at Republic Technologies.
“With this latest investment in the range, we’re demonstrating our commitment to supporting our market-leading matches, re-energising a category where sales have been declining and both innovation and creativity had diminished.”
The consumer campaign includes a major push for the range, with emphasis on the Cook’s, Bryant & May and Swan brands including:
- A national consumer survey published in national media (accompanied by video), sponsored by Bryant & May Extra Long Matches, polling 2,000 adults and entitled ‘Relight My Fire’. The survey reveals the top signs that the spark in a relationship has begun to fade and what people can do to rekindle it.
- A partnership with one of the UK’s most popular and successful chefs, Tom Kerridge, who has contributed a selection of 12 mouth-watering recipes for the backs of the new impactful Cook’s Matches packs; appealing to modern ‘foodies’.
- A heavyweight social media campaign including a raft of exciting culinary competitions linked to the Tom Kerridge partnership, and a new website for Cook’s Matches.
- Advertising in leading cookery titles, Olive and Delicious.
- Sponsorship of the food and lifestyle sections of S Magazine – a supplement of the Sunday Express – including print and digital activity.
Retailers and cash & carries/wholesalers are being encouraged to stock up on the full range – Cook’s, Bryant & May Extra Long, Swan and Ship – to maximise this opportunity.
To see the latest activity from Cook’s Matches, visit the Cook’s website http://cooksmatches.co.uk/ or social media channels:
- Instagram – @cooksmatches
- Twitter – @CooksMatches
- Facebook – @CooksMatches
*Republic Technologies estimate based on import figures.
Issue date: 1st June 2018