pladis unveils festive range for Christmas 2018
pladis, the global snacking company behind some of the UK’s most-loved snacks, today unveils its 2018 Christmas campaign, Merry Biscuits Everyone, with the launch of brand-new seasonal products and a Christmassy make-over of sweet and savoury biscuit favourites.
The campaign highlights the key role played by pladis brands leading up to, and during, the seasonal festivities, from the McVitie’s Jaffa Cake Cracker under the tree to the McVitie’s Family Circle box shared in front of the television and the Jacob’s Biscuits for Cheese selection as part of the Boxing Day spread.
Seasonal biscuits delivered £6.4 million of sales into the Convenience channel last year and are a vital category for retailers to focus on to keep their tills ringing throughout the festive period.
For Christmas 2018, McVitie’s Victoria, the number one premium biscuit assortment, is returning with sparkling seasonal packaging to give the product added appeal, following consumer feedback. Available in a range of formats from the popular 100g (RISP of £1.00) to more shareable 300g (RISP £5.00) and 600g (RISP £8.00) boxes.
Consumers looking for a little festive luxury will be met with the return of McVitie’s White Chocolate Digestives Nibbles. The limited-edition variant will feature deluxe festive packaging, ensuring the product stands out on shelf (RISP of £1.99 for a 120g sharing pouch).
pladis’ festive offering also includes:
- McVitie’s Family Circle– the number one everyday assortment brand. Giving shoppers an everyday selection of biscuits to share with friends and family over the Christmas period, the assortment will be available in 360g (RISP £3.09), 670g (RISP £6.00) and 900g (RISP of £8.00) packs
- McVitie’s Moments – great for social gifting, this McVitie’s Moments chocolate box offers a selection of delicious biscuits, presented in modern, premium packaging. Aimed at attracting the younger shopper, this product will be available in a 400g box with a RISP of £10.00
- Jacob’s Biscuits for Cheese Selection– with one in four households purchasing a Jacob’s seasonal product at Christmas, Jacob’s has revamped the packaging of its popular Jacob’s Selection to add a little more Christmas magic. Available in three formats to suit every size of household: 450g (RISP £4.29), 900g (RISP £7.50), 300g (RISP £2.99)
- Jacob’s Savoury Favourites– with four different types of popular snacks from Jacob’s – including Mini Cheddars, TUC and classic favourites – this 200g assortment is great for snacking (RISP £2.19) and is available in more modern and simple packaging for 2018, so consumers know exactly what’s inside
- Jacob’s Savours– a 250g range of flavoured crackers (RISP £4.29) including Sour Cream & Chive Thins, Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Bakes, Sweet Chilli Thins and Cheese.
- Carr’s Assortment–the No.1 premium savoury biscuit brand returns with its 500g Christmas box format (RISP £7.50) and the all year round 200g assortment (RISP £2.79)
Jacob’s Caddies – popular Jacob’s Festive Snack Bites, Treeselets, Mini Cheddars and Twiglet Caddies are back for another year with revamped packaging to spread more Christmas cheer! (RISP £3.49)
For Convenience retailers looking to capitalise on Christmas, pladis has put together its top five tips for maximising the festive opportunity:
- The early bird catches the £££s! The average shopper buys into Seasonal Biscuits twice over the festive period. Maximise sales by stocking Seasonal Biscuits at least 12 weeks before Christmas
- Focus on core, sell more! Stock the bestselling lines across the different segments and make your fixture easy to shop
- Make Seasonal Biscuits impossible to miss! Shoppers are on auto-pilot so it’s important to interrupt them and encourage impulse purchasing through impactful displays in high footfall areas
- Shout about value! Everyone’s looking for a deal at Christmas so make sure prices and promotions are visible and clearly communicated
- Add some sparkle to your sales! Add value through novelty products which will delight shoppers and drive trade up
 IRI data Seasonal data (pladis definition) 20 wks to 31/12/2017