IT’S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS SANDWICH SEASON
The UK’s favourite sandwich brand, URBAN eat, is bringing back Christmas cheer to sandwich shelves this year with its new festive collection.
The expanded collection features many products to keep Christmas revellers satisfied while on the go this season. New to the range is the vegan ‘Veggie Feast’ sandwich, catering for the growing demand for free-from diets and the ‘Turkey, Bacon and Stuffing Sourdough Toastie’, the perfect hot eat on a chilly winter’s day. The full collection includes:
- Turkey Feast Sandwich: Turkey with sweetcure bacon, stuffing mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and salad leaves on malted bread
- Turkey, Bacon and Stuffing Sandwich: Turkey with stuffing and bacon mayonnaise on white bread
- Brie and Cranberry Wrap (vegetarian): Brie cheese with roasted vegetables, salad leaves and cranberry sauce in a tomato tortilla
- Turkey Bacon and Stuffing Sourdough Toastie: Turkey with beechwood smoked bacon, stuffing, béchamel sauce on a sourdough bread, topped with a cheese & dried cranberry topped toastie
- Veggie Feast Sandwich (vegan): Sweet potato falafel with beetroot, carrot and cranberry slaw, vegan cranberry mayonnaise and salad leaves on malted bread
Turkey is always a popular ingredient at this time of year and festive turkey sandwiches make URBAN eat’s top ten best sellers list whenever they are available.
The festive sandwiches are popular sellers from November onwards and Adelie has also pin-pointed when consumers reach ‘peak Christmas sandwich fever’ with figures showing that more seasonal sandwiches are sold in the second week of December than any other time.
Isla Owen, Head of Brand at Adelie Foods, said: “The Christmas sandwich is now a much-loved tradition of the festive period in the UK and as well as being a highlight of lunchtimes for consumers, it provides a massive opportunity for increased sales for retailers.
“As well as our tried and tested favourites that capture the magic of the season, we’ve extended the collection this year to tap into consumer interest for more vegan on the go products, while also catering for the demand for hot eats that can be eaten out of home. Our extended collection gives retailers even more opportunity to take advantage of what’s long been a thriving market.”
The URBAN eat festive range has a recommended retail price (RRP) of £2.49 to £3.99 and are available from 5 November. Forecourts, cafes and convenience stores can choose to stock some or all of the range.
For more information on the range, call 0333 0037843 or email email@example.com.