Nairn’s Oatcakes enter into lunchtime market with new Gluten Free Flatbreads
Nairn’s, the UK’s favourite branded gluten free producer (Source: Mintel Free From Report 2017), has entered into the lunchtime eating category for the first time, with the launch of Gluten Free Flatbreads.
Light, crispy and made from gluten free, wholegrain oats, Nairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads are the perfect lunchtime option. At only 55 calories per flatbread, they have a large surface area for generous toppings, making them a delicious alternative to a lunchtime sandwich, or as a healthy accompaniment to a soup or salad.
Nairn’s first entry into the lunchtime market marks an exciting development for the brand. Building on their already established and enviable reputation within the oatcake category, Nairn’s is now extending its Gluten Free expertise to the savoury lunchtime market, which traditionally has had limited gluten free options. The new Gluten Free Flatbreads follow the same natural and wholesome philosophy that the whole Nairn’s range is known for and are suitable for those who suffer from coealiac disease, or simply choose to follow a gluten free lifestyle.
- Nairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads – Original: simple, savoury flavours at their best;this flatbread is packed with the wholesome flavour of wholegrain oats, perfectly complementing a variety of toppings
- Nairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads – Rosemary & Sea Salt: lightly salted and infused with delicious rosemary, this flatbread is as delicious on its own, as it is dipped in hummus or paired with toppings such as brie and figs for a substantial and tasty lunchtime option
Packed in handy pouches to keep the product fresh, Nairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads are a versatile cupboard staple that can be enjoyed by everyone, whether they follow a gluten free diet or not.
Paddy Cronin, Sales Director at Nairn’s Oatcakes:
“We’re thrilled to enter into a new category and offer our Gluten Free customers a tasty and healthy alternative to the current options. Much bigger than a cracker, but even more light and crispy, Nairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads are the perfect lunchtime option for consumers who want something a little more substantial.
“As lifestylers, choosing to follow a gluten free diet, continue to boost the category, our Gluten Free range continues to grow from strength to strength – we’re adding to it all the time now that we have the capacity at our new state-of-the art gluten free bakery which opened last November. Our new Gluten Free Flatbreads are a welcome savoury lunchtime eating option to our extensive Gluten Free range and demonstrate our ongoing commitment to both our customers and driving innovation within the category.
“Our NPD pipeline contains a number of further new Gluten Free products for 2018 and beyond.”
The health benefits of Nairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads at a glance:
- Gluten free wholegrain oats – a rich source of vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- High fibre
- No preservatives, additives or artificial ingredients
- Suitable for vegetarians
- No hydrogenated fatNairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads are available in Sainsbury’s for an RRP of £1.75 (150g).