Merry Biscuits everyone! pladis UK announces its biggest ever Christmas campaign for McVitie’s and Jacob’s
pladis has unveiled plans for its biggest ever Christmas brand campaign. It’s the first time well-loved brands under the McVitie’s, Jacob’s and Carr’s master brands will come together under the campaign banner “Merry Biscuits everyone.”
At the heart of the campaign is the concept of sharing: through an integrated campaign, pladis will bring-to-life the role its brands play in making Christmas magical. From the Jacob’s Biscuits for Cheese selection for the Boxing Day spread, the McVitie’s Family Circle box passed round in front of the TV, or the McVitie’s Jaffa Cake Pole under the three – “Merry Biscuits everyone” highlights the products that bring family and friends together to celebrate the festive season.
With a total investment of £1.3 million to support McVitie’s, Jacob’s and Carr’s, the seasonal campaign will involve an on-pack promotion, immersive in-store experience for shoppers and seasonal point of sale across grocery, independent and convenience channels. There will be new products, as well as the return of some festive favourites.
Taking the campaign beyond pack and product, there will be an exclusive promotion with consumers given the chance to win a luxurious trip to Lapland or one of thousands of family days by unlocking the ‘Merry Biscuits grotto’. To enter, people will find a unique code on promotional packs of products such as McVitie’s Victoria, Family Circle, Jacob’s Biscuits for Cheese Selection and all Jacob’s Caddies; they then submit the code online to instantly discover if they’ve won one of the family days and be automatically registered for the prize draw to win a trip to Lapland.
pladis has also unveiled its complete Christmas range for McVitie’s and Jacob’s which is full of enticing NPD and the return of family favourites with new modern festive packaging designs. 2017 will see the launch of new McVitie’s White Chocolate Digestives Nibbles – biscuit balls coated in delicious white chocolate. Another Digestives product, ideal for sharing with friends and family is the McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestives Postbox Tin – a fun and festive gifting solution.
For savoury lovers, Carr’s will be launching its first NPD in several years, with Carr’s Batons, tapping into the premium nibbling sector, available in three delicious flavours. Jacob’s will also be launching a new Cracker Crisps Sour Cream & Chive Caddy on the back of the success of the AYR range.
The ‘Merry Biscuits everyone’ new range provides the perfect choice of products for sharing with friends, gifting or as a stocking filler. Cementing its position as the number one for must-stock snacks at Christmas, McVitie’s, Jacob’s and Carr’s will play a vital role for retailers looking to capitalise on the festive period.
Hena Chandarana, UK Trade Communications Controller at pladis, said: “We’re really excited about this year’s campaign for McVitie’s and Jacob’s – our biggest and most integrated yet. We’ve injected some real Christmas magic into our creative approach – from new packaging designs and an amazing on-pack promotion through to stand-out in-store activity. pladis is home to some of the nation’s best loved brands and what we’ve done this year is dial-up the role our biscuits and snacks play during the festive season, reminding shoppers that it just wouldn’t be Christmas without them!”
NEW FOR CHRISTMAS 2017
McVitie’s Digestives White Chocolate Nibbles – McVitie’s is extending its popular Digestives Nibbles range this Christmas to include a limited edition White chocolate variant with luxurious festive packaging ensuring the product stands out on shelf. Perfect for sharing, McVitie’s White Chocolate Digestives Nibbles are available for a RISP of £1.99 in a 120g sharing pouch.
McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestives Postbox Tin – brand new this season, this McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestives Postbox Tin is a great gift idea. Full of delicious McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestives, its novelty design is sure to make consumers shout with Christmas cheer this year! The new product has a RISP of £10 for a 400g tin.
McVitie’s Moments – great for social gifting, this McVitie’s Moments chocolate box offers a selection of delicious biscuits, presented in modern, premium packaging. Aimed at attracting the younger shopper, this product will be available in a 400g box with a RISP of £10.
Carr’s Batons – the first NPD launch for Carr’s in some time, the new Carr’s Batons taps into the premium nibbling trend and come in three variants; Cheddar & Onion, Tomato, Emmental & Herb and Rosemary & Sea Salt at a RISP of £1.49 for a 100g box.
Jacob’s Cracker Crisps Sour Cream & Chive Caddy –with Jacob’s continuing to be the number one caddy brand, Cracker Crisps Sour Cream & Chive is the latest addition to the range following the successful launch of Cracker Crisps. Available in festive packaging to spread some Christmas cheer, the Caddy will be available in 230g tubs for a RISP of £3.49.
- McVitie’s Victoria – the number one premium assortment is returning for another year with brand new packaging to give the product added Christmas appeal on shelf after consumer feedback. The popular 100g pack (RISP of £1.00) and 825g (RISP £11.00) now includes a new White Chocolate Cookie biscuit. Also available in 300g (RISP £5.00) and 600g (RISP £8.00).
- McVitie’s Family Circle – the number one everyday assortment brand is back for another year in new modern packaging, designed to appeal to the whole family. Giving shoppers an everyday selection of biscuits to share with friends and family over the Christmas period, the assortment will be available in 360g (RISP £3.09), 670g (RISP £6.00) and 900g (RISP of £8.00).
- McVitie’s Jaffa Pole –the iconic McVitie’s Jaffa Pole will be hitting stores again this year and remains a key player in the Christmas space. (RISP of £6.00).
- Jacob’s Biscuits for Cheese Selection - with one in four households purchasing a Jacob’s seasonal product at Christmas, Jacob’s has revamped the packaging of its popular Jacob’s Selection to add a little more Christmas magic. Available in three formats to suit every size of household: 450g (RISP £4.29), 900g (RISP £7.50), 300g (RISP £2.99).
- Jacob’s Savoury Favourites - with four different types of popular snacks from Jacob’s – including Mini Cheddars, TUC and classic favourites – this 200g assortment is great for snacking (RISP £2.19) and is available in more modern and simple packaging so consumers know exactly what’s inside.
- Jacob’s Savours - a 250g range of flavoured crackers (RISP £4.29) in Sour Cream & Chive Thins, Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Bakes, Sweet Chilli Thins, and Cheese.
- Carr’s Assortment -the No.1 premium savoury biscuit brand returns in its 500g Christmas box format (RISP £7.50) and the all year round 200g assortment (RISP £2.79).
- Jacob’s Caddies – popular Jacob’s Festive Snack Bites, Treeselets, Mini Cheddars and Twiglet Caddies are back for another year with revamped packaging to spread more Christmas cheer! (RISP £3.49).